Imagine what your program would look like if it were a true professional learning community—a place where teachers saw each new day as an opportunity to expand their competence and confidence and support one another in moving toward a shared vision of program excellence. Envision what your supervisory practices, professional development activities, and performance appraisal system would look like in such a work setting. Written in an engaging and lively style, this book provides the power tools you need to help you build teacher competence, strengthen staff commitment, and expand opportunities for collaboration to make that vision come alive.
Inspiring Peak Performance presents five strategies that together will help you transform your center into a professional learning community:
- Developmental supervision—the foundation for reflective practice
- Teacher induction—a lifeline for novice teachers
- Individual learning plans—a roadmap for job-embedded learning
- Peer learning teams—the platform for collegial support
- 360-degree feedback—a catalyst for growth and changer
2013, soft cover, perfect bound, 130 pages, 7 x 10, ISBN: 9780982708224